Saturday, April 19, 2008

I can't think of a title

We have had a very nice week this past week. Taxes are in and we get a refund. Yay! Dave has had fun ordering some "toys" to take with him. A Zoom H2 digital recorder that has many capabilities for recording music and audio files. Yesterday we went to Best Buy and he picked out a new camera. It must be the week for new cameras cuz Carrie & Mike bought one, Tyler bought one, and Dave bought the same one Tyler did: Canon SD 1100 IS. Laura and I are kind of jealous and want cool new cameras too!

Sharon came to see us all on Tuesday and we started out with dinner out at Brown Bottle - Yum! It was nice to catch up. Wednesday, Sharon and I checked out quilt shops. (I promise to take Elaine & Linda next time they are in town.) Now, most of you know of my love of fabric and notions. I have avoided all contact with quilt shops for several years now and didn't realize what a fabulous shop we had right here in Cedar Falls. It was twice as big as it looked from outside with tons of quilts to look at, great fabrics, books, and patterns. Sharon collected several fat quarters for her collection. We drove to Waverly to The Moose Patch, a smaller shop but also nice. When you're a quilter, there are never too many shops! I have been inspired to dig in downstairs and get my room in shape for quilting/crafting. Thank you Sharon, I had a great time.

I'm still struggling with my back; physical therapy is a killer but I just have to keep plugging away with some exercises and the PT. I am told that stress probably has an effect on my poor muscles. Woe is me.

No comments: