Monday, May 12, 2008

And so it begins....

Well, it has started. One week down, about 60 more to go! Dave was in Des Moines last week at Camp Dodge going through the Combat Lifesaver Course (see pics). Having been trained as a Medic when I first joined, I was quite impressed with this intense course, which ended up with the guys starting IV's on each other.




We had a very nice weekend together. Dave was so tired Friday night and his arm was sore from an anthrax shot. We stayed home and grilled pork chops for supper. Saturday we went to Lowes, Menards, Best Buy, Blaines, & Walmart....looking for the perfect tomato cage for the monstrous plants I grow. That wore both of us out! We did manage to stay up late and head downtown CF to the Reverb to see Tyler's band play. Quite an interesting place with lots of artwork on the ceiling panels. Tyler's band rocks out pretty good. It was fun to see all of the "youngsters" in their different styles of dress. (Do I sound really old yet?)

Mother's Day: What a lovely day! We all met at the Hong Kong and had yummy Chinese food. Brody was mostly interested in leaving the restaurant to go see the Ironman movie. Thelma and I were showered with hugs and love for being the moms. We went to her house for a while afterward but it was soon time to leave so Dave could finish loading up his car to go back to Camp Dodge. I got a cool phone call from my Mom and talked to Mom, Elaine, Steve, & Dave. I am excited to go up to Minnesota in June to see everyone again. Dave left around 6:00 and the blues set in. I'm gonna miss my guy so much. Sigh.

No comments: