Saturday, May 7, 2011

Happy Mother's Day!

This post is to honor my wonderful mother, who still remembers me but doesn't remember 1 minute ago. She had a hard childhood with the depression and poor parents. She overcame hardship when a teacher visited and witnessed to her about Jesus. She became a Christian at about 15-16 years old. She was determined to raise her children differently than she was raised and boy howdy, she did that!! I remember her sitting beside my bed when I was scared, telling me bible stories to comfort me. She practiced her Sunday school stories on the flannel graph on me. I got a double dose! lol.

Here is to my mother!

Pro 31:25 Strength and honour [are] her clothing; and she shall rejoice in time to come. Pro 31:26 She openeth her mouth with wisdom; and in her tongue [is] the law of kindness. Pro 31:27 She looketh well to the ways of her household, and eateth not the bread of idleness. Pro 31:28 Her children arise up, and call her blessed; her husband [also], and he praiseth her. Pro 31:29 Many daughters have done virtuously, but thou excellest them all. Pro 31:29 Favour [is] deceitful, and beauty [is] vain: [but] a woman [that] feareth the LORD, she shall be praised.


Mom (Eula) and her twin Lula, and baby sis Helen
Your guess is as good as mine which is which!


Grandma & Grandpa Franklin (front)
Eula, Helen, Lula (back)
Little Dougie Hagen (center)


Eula, cousin Julie and Lula


My grandpa Engblom from Sweden with his girls,
Lula, Helen and Eula

No comments: