Tuesday, July 8, 2008

What's up?


Tomatoes! As usual, the plant explodes and I can hardly contain it.

Peppers! Sorry the picture is sideways but I just had to show how big these are!

Parsley, Basil, Chives, Rosemary, Lemon Thyme, and 2 pepper plants.

This nest under our back deck has made Ranger obsessive. He can smell the little birds through the space between the boards. I went to throw the nest out the other day and whoa! there are 3 babies in it! If you look closely at the top of the nest you can see 2 little heads & beaks peeking out.

I have been nagged a bit by some to blog, as it has been a while. It's just not real exciting here on Lovejoy. My gardens are growing, there are tomatoes and peppers, parsley & basil. We had a great storm last night with lots of rain, which believe it or not, we really needed. We haven't had rain since the flooding.

We had a good 4th starting with the Lofstuen 1st annual 4th of July party. Mike never disappoints with his grilling skills and fireworks. The best was the grilled corn on the cob! Yummy! Ranger and I went and we stayed overnight. I must admit that Carrie's potato salad was pretty darn good. I was the "old" person there, more like the "grandma" or MeeMaw as Cassie calls me. There were a lot of little kids and Dusty's little 2 month old boy, Ayden.
I forgot my camera so for pictures, see Carrie's blog at www.mikeyandcarrieslife.blogspot.com/

That pretty much says it for today. *************lois

1 comment:

Dave Morse said...

Love the pics of the garden and the baby birds. Keep up the blogging! I need to stay connected to home!! It doesn't always have to be a big exciting deal, ya know.

Dave