Wednesday, August 27, 2008

From Dave




Dave actually got an internet hookup for a little bit and sent these pictures. His descriptions of the pictures: "Me in our big ol' tent. There are about 40 people living here. The others are the outside of our area and my favorite, the locals sucking out the port-a-john."
Here is what he says about the temperatures there: " I thought I knew what hot was - whoa..... Well, I'm getting acclimated - slowly. I don't even want to know the temp today. The folks here think it's the hottest day so far, but it doesn't matter. I've heard people say it feels like a hair dryer, but it's more like an oven - a Convection oven."

He may not be able to access his blog all the time so I will share what I can to keep you all updated on Dave.

2 comments:

Carrie and Mike said...

With out pictures this would be hard to imagine. I teared up right away with these pics...this is really going to suck

Sara Lou said...

I *heart* the porta-john pic :)

Yuk.

(((((Hugs)))) to y'all

I got a great McCain button to send you... I got it at the MN state fair!!! YAY!