Thursday, April 16, 2009

You might be the next person I visit!

Wouldn't you be surprised if I showed up on your doorstep? I'll be wearing a cap and holding a helmet so you may not recognize me right away. Yesterday, I took a late afternoon ride and rode 17 miles total! I rode to the Harley dealership, which was really satisfying, riding past my Rider's Edge Course and riding on Hwy 63, the very road that terrified me before. I just know that driver's steer clear of me when they see me wobble as I start out from the intersections. hehe Then I rode into Cedar Falls to end up at Kitchen Essentials, which had just closed (yes Gretchen, it was me at 5:36 peering in the front door).

Dave has worried that I will run out of gas on my travels. My tank is 2.5 gallons. The dealer filled it up when I bought it and I hadn't added any since so I thought maybe I should put some gas in, as I had 50 miles on the odometer. Premium was $2.01 a gallon. I was a bit surprised when it overflowed a little bit, since I only had put in .92 gallons. My receipt said $1.87! I can get used to that! I'm having fun but I can't wait to have my riding partner home.

Carrie has entered the stage in her pregnancy where she thinks she can do much but really can't. Add in the fact that she is nesting more and more, her nursery isn't done, and she's working full time. Laura and I are going over tonight to help her get some cleaning done. Mike is busy working on the rooms upstairs that need to be done before the baby is born! Sounds like Dave will be home in time to help out too. Yay!

No comments: