Sunday, May 10, 2009

Today's Lesson

One of the things I wanted to do today on this mother's day, was to take a ride on my Rebel. The problem with the Rebel is that by the time you are going 25 miles an hour, you are shifting into 4th gear. It seemed to take forever to get going and it is common for drivers to go around me if possible. That doesn't bother me much but it is a bit embarrassing.

I have been so cautious when I start out because of my accident last year (extreme acceleration right off the block). For some reason today, I took off from the intersection like a mad woman and put some acceleration into it! That felt just right and now I know how to get my speed up faster...give it some gas. hehe

Best news today is Dave is most likely en route from Iraq/Kuwait. He'll be in the states within a few days and home not long after that. I will announce when and where the Homecoming ceremony will be held as soon as I know that info. Y'all are welcome to welcome home the 20 soldiers we have returning!

No comments: