Monday, June 2, 2008

Deployment Briefing-GRRRRRRRR!

That's what they call the meeting that takes 4 hours and gives you all of the info that you should know while your "soldier" is gone. It actually only took 2 1/2 hours, I believe because our group was smaller than most (30 vs. 200). I think I have this down pretty good. However, the reality is hitting me pretty hard today. I found myself feeling anxious and not tolerating any kind of inconvenience. Even though the meeting was short, we had a family picnic from 1-2 and then were supposed to get ID cards issued from 3-5. Guess what? No ID personnel showed up. GRRRRRRR! People brought their children and we killed 2 hours before the other meeting. Oh yeah, the meeting room had no AC because of the construction at the hangar. GRRRRRR! You know how I feel about heat and humidity. Thankfully, the meeting was very informational and necessary, and was much shorter than planned. Phew! I'm home now and trying to relax. Dave's send off is Thursday at 5 pm. Won't see him until August for about 4 days and then he leaves out of country for a year. I might be cranky then too!

By the way, to all of our dear friends and family who have been there for us and continue to be there with offers of help and company: We love you and Dave will miss you. You won't miss me though...I'm calling you!!!

No comments: