Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Home again Home again jiggety jig...

Here I am, back in Iowa. It does feel good! If you've read Carrie's blog lately, you have read what all we did in Minnesota but here is my take:
Lots of packing and moving my mom. I am so glad Carrie came up with me because I would have been totally overwhelmed by the job. We got up around 12:30 last Weds. and started right in at mom's. She isn't able to do much so all of the packing was up to us. We worked for about 4 hours the first two days, took mom shoe shopping the second day and she bought shoes that she hated. Dave (Harder) and I returned them yesterday. I'm not sure what upset her more: that they were "old lady shoes" or a size double wide 8. Doesn't matter I guess, she wasn't going to wear them. Oh well, we tried.

Friday, Elaine, Carrie and I went Uptown (south Mpls) to a big kitchen shop (Kitchen Window) and Penzey's Spices. I got good ideas for displays and our front window at the CF store but didn't buy anything! I think our Kitchen Essentials is a pretty nice store and I think we have even more variety than the big store. Carrie went out with Sara & Tim and Mikey came up to help too.

Saturday was moving day and with Carrie, Sara, Elaine, me...Dave H., Steve, Dennis, Carroll, and of course, Mikey, it went quite well. Mom's new apartment is so nice and BIG! She has a separate bedroom, a huge bathroom, a full kitchen and a huge walk in closet that we call the garage cuz she can park her "scooter" there. Wow, what a weekend! Sunday we went and finished unpacking as much as we could and then went to the Macaroni Grill for lunch/dinner. I had a Sunday afternoon nap and then we "watched" a movie with Sara, Hannah and Hayley. Those two are so sweet and such little stinkers! Good thing they are cute and so lovable. I think Hayley finally started warming up to "Auntie Lois" by the end of the weekend so I'd better go up again soon so she remembers me!

I left today at 9:00 with a cup of coffee and a couple of donuts from Bill's Superette. I took a new way to get to 35W. It was a little different than the way Dave H. told me but my superior sense of direction got me where I was supposed to go and I made it to 35 just fine. The roads were clear and my iPod had some awesome tunes and I sang all the way home without one stop. I was attacked by two dogs the second I walked in the door and was nearly licked to death and beaten by a wagging tail.

It's good to be home.

1 comment:

Carrie and Mike said...

Haha!! I like the part about being beated to death by a tail!!! Good one ma! I had fun too! Lets pick a weekend in March to go up! :)
Love you!