Thursday, February 7, 2008

One by One & Two by Two

Dave went to St. Paul yesterday and came back today. He was supposed to fly (about an hour or so) but because of the fog, they drove. Of course, we got some great snow while he was away. Tyler and Laura and I watched a zombie movie last night and had a fun time. Snow day at Hawkeye so she didn't have to be at school at 8 am. Lucky girl. Thank goodness, we have hired Uncle Chuck to do snow removal so nobody had to worry about that.

My Afternoon: Moments after they put in the dilating drops at my eye appointment, I find out Thelma had fallen and needed someone to help her. I left the appointment and totally blurry, went over and decided this time we needed an ambulance. The ER checked her out and sent her home after lots of labwork and x-rays said she was okay. Dave met me at the ER on his way home from St. Paul and I ran back to the eye doctor, who finished my appointment. Phew! Thank goodness the ER and eye doctor are about 3 blocks from each other. Beauty of living in a smaller town. I went back to the ER, we took her home, settled her into bed and tomorrow morning, I will go back to call her regular doctor and see if I can make her some breakfast. If I'm able, I will go to work too. Oh yeah, I pinched/smashed my thumbnail when opening Thelma's dishwasher. On a scale of 0 to 10- 10 10 10 10 10 10 10!!!! OUCH!
!
My gut is still churning with the unknown for Dave. It's making me a little crabby. Grrrrrr!

1 comment:

Sara Lou said...

AuNtIe LaLo!!!
I wanna comment!
*I read your Blog*
*I bookmarked your blog*
*I love you!*
****SaraLou****